I'm Abnormal

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: I'm Abnormal
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Webtutorials  2   06/14 05:25pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By catchup on Sunday, October 08, 2000 - 03:07 pm:

RE: "Word automatically saved changes to the normal template.
This will happen when you change the 'global' template in MS Word.
If, when you "create a new document", and you change any of the default layout, IE: fonts, spacing, text color or anything like that in the options settings, word will ask you if you want to save these changes to the "NORMAL" template. You can choose not to. If you do save the changes you will notice a 'new' icon in your "create new word document" dialogue box. It will be called "Normal version ### or something like that. Your original "blank" document is still in tact.
It is a bit of a pain that we have to learn to live with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Loretta Woehst on Sunday, October 08, 2000 - 02:30 pm:

I have two windows which pop up that concern me.
The first one raised its ugly head 6 or 7 months ago.
"Word automatically saved changes to the normal template, do you want to load it now:? I have no idea what I did to change normal, so I always click NO.
The second window just started appearing recently.
"Microsoft Visual++ Runtime Library
Program:C:\Program files\microsoft office\office\winword.exe
Abnormal program termination."
What does this mean and how do I keep from abnormally closing a program? I can't tell that I have done anything different than I have done a hundred times before.

Loretta

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page