Keyboard Entry Problems......

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Keyboard Entry Problems......
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JOE on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 01:37 pm:

Is it a logitech keyboard RP?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 06:08 pm:

Well,

They don't HAVE to be cheap. Depends on the quality of the board. A basic kb can cost 10, but if you want a fancy one, like a natural keyboard, or one with special keys, or brand name, then you will pay much more.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 05:58 am:

Yep, I noticed that too, thought I had missed something for a minute. :o) I liked your answer better, never realized keyboards were that cheap as I have never had to replace mine. (Yet)

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:34 am:

Hey Richard: We did a simultaneous post!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:32 am:

You might try turning it upside down and shaking it, or using a low pressure compressed air can on it.(available at computer stores) Could someone have spilled a liquid on/in it, that will render them useless sometimes.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 03:32 am:

RPWalk:

Sometimes keyboards can get a short in them, or something gets spilled in them...something shorts out that causes a problem. Then the problem spreads to other keys. This is actually quite a common occurence.

My recommendation: Just go buy another keyboard. With prices as low as 9.99, you have nothing to lose.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By RPWalk on Tuesday, May 22, 2001 - 12:33 am:

Can anyone give me some ideas why my keyboard
stopped allowing me to enter certain letters? I own a 2 year old Gateway PC and am experiencing
keyboard problem as mentioned above. The problem got progressively worse as days passed. More keys and numbers did not enter themselves on the screen
as they were being typed. I borrowed a keyboard from a relative and everything works fine at the present time so I know the problem is in the keyboard itself. Do keyboards just stop functioning as quickly as that? Is it expensive to repair? Can I fix it myself? Any feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page