How Would I Close Background Programs?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: How Would I Close Background Programs?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 08:21 pm:

I recently installed Corel Draw and it kept giving me error messages as soon as I clicked "Install", after several tries I "disabled" my Norton anti-virus by right clicking on the icon in the systray then left clicking disable. The installation went fine after that, evidently Norton was thinking it was a virus and would not let it install. I have run into this same problem when installing other programs, not just Corel Draw. It may be different in Win2X as I am using 98SE, but it works for me.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 03:30 pm:

If you're going to install a program you don't need to close stuff that's running in the system tray. Just close any obvious open programs that you have running. Don't worry about the stuff next to the clock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve. on Sunday, June 17, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

At moment I have the following icons on my systray:
1-Norton AV.
2-AVG antivirus.
3-modem.
4-volum control.

I just want to know how to close them all, because I want to install a new program. I use win2k. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page