BOOTUP LOGOS AND SHUTDOWN LOGOS ARE OFF SET?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: BOOTUP LOGOS AND SHUTDOWN LOGOS ARE OFF SET?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Saturday, June 23, 2001 - 01:56 pm:

Thanks, i don't know why i did not come here first , i should have known better, been all over tech sites, www.techtv.co, compaq, allexperts, etc, no answer till you, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 10:18 pm:

fudger:

You will need to adjust your monitor during the boot process. For example, when it shows that first splash screen of Compaq, you will need to adjust either a knob on the monitor to move the screen, or press the correct buttons to move the screen back to it's original position.

Dunno what caused it to forget it's settings, perhaps a storm hit it with a small burst of electricity? I am guessing.

Anyway, you may have to try it a few times before you can get it, so prepare to be booting again and again. The reason why this can be messed up while the regular windows is correct is that your monitor enters different video states during boot. Showing a splash screen and dos text is one mode, windows is another... so adjusting it in dos shouldn't affect the appearance in windows.

If it does, just leave the splash screens off-center, it won't hurt anything.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Friday, June 22, 2001 - 12:58 am:

My boot up logos,"compaq" and windows 98" and shutdown have moved to the left and up on my monitor leaving a large black border on the bottom and right side. all other screen viewing applications are normal. what has changed and how do you correct? , compaq presario 5050,333mhz celeron, 8gb hd 96 ram, win 98, ie 5.0. thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page