Settings saved when computer unplugged awhile?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Settings saved when computer unplugged awhile?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Barb on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 05:48 pm:

WHEW! My nightmare was that I'd have to re-do it all, like setting up the cordless telephone after moving it to another outlet.

Thanks, Josh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

Barb,

Once you get all of the wires hooked up and power it on, everything should still be there. The date and time may be a little off, depending on how old your battery is, but other than that, everything that was on your computer before should still be there.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Barb on Monday, July 02, 2001 - 04:51 pm:

I had to have renovations done; unplugged the computer, took the cpu and other parts, wrapped them up and stored them and then suddenly had to go away for a month. Now I dread putting it back together. My friend said there's a back-up battery that saves stuff. What should I expect when I get the courage to plug it in again?

Barb

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page