Going from bad to worse.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Start Up Items: Multiple Problems: Going from bad to worse.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sherry Swett on Friday, July 20, 2001 - 07:04 pm:

One more question Josh. We have our color settings at 32 bit. The resolution is 600x800. Our monitor is 17". It just looks rather pale, more so than normal. In fact the type doesn't seem very dark and even when we have the text size as medium sometimes the text becomes a little garbled. It just doesn't look quite right.

I checked the "+" sign next to the adapter and it says: All in Wonder 128 Pro PCI.

Actually I have 2 questions. How do I get the display on the taskbar? I had it there once, before all our problems, but now it's gone. I liked being able to right click it from the taskbar.

Thanks for your help.

Sherry Swett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 02:21 pm:

Hey Sherry,

This occurs when the video driver is either not installed or not installed properly. You won't be able to adjust colors or screen resolution because your computer doesn't know that your video card can do more than 16 colors or 640x480 resolution.

Try this to find out what your computer is doing: Right-click on my computer, go to properties. Click on the device manager tab. Click the "+" sign next to display adapter. Please write back with what you find in there.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sherry Swett on Monday, July 16, 2001 - 05:27 pm:

Hi Josh,
We didn't have the CD for our video card because it was given to us and the other person couldn't find it either. So we bought a new one. In the midst of installing it we deleted the old one too soon, I believe. Then we couldn't get anything on the screen at all.

One of our "guru" friends came to help us out. Now the card is installed, the black screen and cursor problem has gone away, but in Display we only have a choice of 2 colors or 16 colors. Needless to say there is no quality of color. It's almost like the safe mode. Also in Display, Settings I can't change the size of the screen and it's way too big for me. I can't slide the slider bar and there is no place to make a choice.

I used to have a little Display icon on the task bar that I could change the settings. That's gone too. How do I get that back?

I feel really stupid but maybe you can help us. Thanks.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page