Dialogue Box

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Dialogue Box
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 11:29 pm:

Robert,
In Internet Explorer, your Cookie options are located under the security tab. Click a level of security then click the custom level button, then scroll down to cookies, there you will find your options.

Procedure In Internet Explorer, select Tools | Options, and then the Security tab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert J on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 04:39 pm:

I tried to sign up to a web site and recieved a message telling me that I must enable cookies to do so. I went into internet options went to advanced, scrolled down, and cannot find cookies. Java is enabled. I think all three items in the java section are clicked. I know I have cookies because I found a window that gave me the option to delete them. I clicked view or whatever and it opened the thing and I have hundreds or thousands of cookies. Why did this site tell me that I have to enable cookies, and why can't I locate the cookies buttons? Oh, I have Win98 SE. Better yet where do I find those buttons?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 03, 2001 - 11:44 pm:

Anonymous,
Glad to hear it worked for you. I tried to post this awhile back when Tami asked, think it was August 16, 2001, but the board didn't seem to work. Hope she doesn't think she was being ignored.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, September 03, 2001 - 07:50 pm:

It worked!! Thanks sooooooooo much. :o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, August 29, 2001 - 05:16 pm:

Anonymous,
Try this open, MS Internet Explorer on the tool bar click on Tools, next click on internet options, next click on the content tab, next click on the AutoComplete Button. Next uncheck User names and passwords on forms, next click the Clear Forms button, next click the Clear Passwords button. When done click OK and OK again.
Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 09:07 pm:

Anybody know how to get rid of the dropdown box in hotmail? Everytime I go to sign in it drops a box down with all the sign in names of people that have used this computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lethav on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 06:19 pm:

Thank heavens you're back in business! This is a site that I have come to use every day in order to learn more about computers. I do appreciate all the time and work spent in order to help us "Newbies"! Keep up the good work! Sincerely

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By arline on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 06:16 pm:

opps, sorry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 06:12 pm:

Hi Tom,

Its ok so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 28, 2001 - 05:43 pm:

Testing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

Hi Ben,

The box you are refering to is not needed. If you want to stay in the net, don't do anything, if you want to disconnect your pc from the net just right click on the two little screens on your taskbar, usually next to the clock, and click disconnect. If you want to see the information that is on the "Connect/ Disconnect" box, just double left click on the two screens and this will bring the box up for you and you can disconnect from there.

HTH.

Arline

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ben Wolfe on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 03:44 am:

Anyone know how to restore the "STAY CONNECTED OR DISCONNECT" popup dialogue Box which should appear after disconnecting from the net.. mine has vanished.

Thanks

Ben

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page