How do i give away my own Newbie eBook from my website ?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: How do i give away my own Newbie eBook from my website ?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 06:30 pm:

Ebook covers - when you see them on a web page, they're just graphics, like any other web picture. The icon you get on your PC is created by the ebook creation program - mine has loads to choose from, or I think you can create your own if you're into icon creation.

Anchor is just an HTML tag that tells the browser what file to load - a web page, for example. If the file is an .exe, for example, the browser will try to download it with the Windows "Save" dialog. You need an anchor so people can download your ebook, program, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mildewuk on Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 03:29 am:

I also would like to know how the ebook covers are uploaded.
When I download from a site the books always have a cover.Once you run them they nearly always show as a symbol of some type.
And I am talking of ones that they positively encourage you to give away.
Can anybody help?
Also what is this anchor file?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Darryl OBrien on Thursday, August 16, 2001 - 04:14 pm:

Hi Dreuby,

I think I solved my problem!
I signed up for a new Website at Yahoo! Geocities.com and discovered they have a File manager section which comes with the website.
This is where you store all your gif's and also
Files. They go there automatically when you upload
from your computer.
I uploaded my ebooks, but had to zip them first.
They say you can't upload .exe files. Maybe I'll
try replaceing the .exe with .zip so it looks like
tncnetbiz.zip Do you think they will notice?

Anyway my new websit is GREAT! It almost builds itself. And after downloading every thing from Bearshare, Nextfile to File transfer protocol programs....#%@*&^#|} I have seen the light!!!

Hope this helps someone else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 08:11 pm:

No - I tried typing > and < but that didn't work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dgeer on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 05:49 pm:

Hi dreuby,

Try this:

Click Here

The style="text-decoration:none" gives you a "Click Here" without the underline.

Sorry, when I Previewed my message, all i see is "Click Here", not the code your want. And I do not know how to correct this.

The best,

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 12:22 pm:

Hi and welcome!
I'm trying this post for the third time - the first one
disappeared overnight, the second i had to switch off, here goes
again!

You'll need to copy your ebooks to your website, as you would
with a web page. You may have to see how to do that if your web
pages are generated by your host. If you were creating them
yourself using html, you'd use your usual FTP program to copy
the ebooks from your PC to the host server.

On the web page, you'd just include an anchor tag with the
link to the ebook:
a href="myebook.exe" Click to download /a
(I can't work out how to make this display properly!)
Then when the visitor clicks the link, the download starts automatically.

Ask if you want more info ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Darryl OBrien on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 01:03 pm:

I joined the Newbie Club about a week ago and have been wandering around the club reading everything, clicking every link and even played with the greating cards (thought I broke them a couple days ago) Work fine now!

Does anyone know how to put the two free Newbie club ebooks on a website for other people to download?

I have a website, one of those free ones where you don't need to know about HTML codes. However I think you need somewhere to store the ebook file on the web with it's own URL to link to. Or maybe on a webpage itself. Because at the moment they're stuck in my computer and unless I figure this all out that's where there going to stay.

I did see someone's post in march with the same question, however there were no replies.

This looks like a great club! I think i might stay awile, so many questions i could be here for years. Sorry!

Please head me in the right direction, I'm a Newbie.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page