Transfere info (fav list, sftwre progs, etc.) old to new PC, 95B-98SE

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Transfere info (fav list, sftwre progs, etc.) old to new PC, 95B-98SE
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Robert Jarrard on Monday, August 13, 2001 - 11:35 pm:

I have an old 33 Mhz, 1/2 Gig, Win95B OS. I am recieving a refurbished HP 333Mz, 12.5 Gig, tomorrow, 14 AUG 01. I bought the "new" PC w/out OS. I have already recieved brandnew Win98 Second Edition full version OEM w/ set-up floppy and all. Question: Do I have to install a browser in addition, or is it in Win98SE? Q: HOW,what do I have to do to transfere all of my downloaded software programs from my old PC to my "new" PC once I have Win98SE installed on "new" PC (old PC has Win95 Version B, does this make a difference) as well as transfereing Fav list to "new" PC? I have free back-up space on Web which I have not yet used. Maybe I can use it now, back-up my Fav list and all programs to Web site from old PC, then accesss site with "new" PC and download all. If I can figure it all out. I am a newbie after all. Please help if you can.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page