Need to delete a user

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Need to delete a user
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
That did it Cheryl......Thanks!!!! (NT)  1   01/07 04:23am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 06:39 pm:

Thanks Josh,

I must be doing something wrong. I did everything like you said (or apparently I didn't or it would work) ....the password prompt still comes up....just with the new name that I typed in. It's really not that big of a deal to me, but the rest of the household seems to think so.
(Just clicking cancel or hitting the esc. sends you on your way.)

THANKS, chaz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 08:35 pm:

Chazzw,

You have to change your network neighborhood settings.

right-click on that icon on the desktop and go to properties.

Click the item that says "client for microsoft networks"

In the pull-down box below that white box, Select "windows logon".

Reboot. It will pop up the password screen. Type in a name, LEAVE THE PASSWORD FIELD BLANK.

Hit enter.

It won't come up again on reboot

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chazzw on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 05:46 pm:

I tried the same thing...It deleted the user name off the "list", but the password user screen still pops up on boot up. Any suggestions?

thank you,
chazz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheryl on Saturday, January 05, 2002 - 12:02 pm:

glen to delete a user go to control panel and find users , click on it and you will see a box with the name you want to delete, after doing so just follow the instructions it will guide you.,,hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Glenn on Saturday, January 05, 2002 - 06:00 am:

Hi everyone, a while back I decided to put my daughter on as a user so the desktop would not have as many shortcuts on hers. I then decided that I didn't want to do this. Now of course my boot up time is slower having to cancel out the password user screen that pops up. Can anyone tell me how to delete a user? I'm running win98...Thanks!!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page