TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: How do You Bypass the Password Screen
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Forwarding emails  3   02/09 10:18pm
Adobe Acrobat Reader  1   11/03 02:48am
Password, What's It Good For?  6   11/02 12:33am
Windows passwords  3   07/07 05:06am
Changing E-mail address  2   02/09 08:03pm
Finding e-mail address?  2   01/28 09:07am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By KENDALL on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 12:01 pm:

EVERY TIME I TRUN ON MY LABTOP ,WHEN WINDOWS NT START IT ASK FOR LOG ON PASSWORD. I DON`T REMEMBER MY PASSWORD. IS THERE A WAY AROUND IT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ZennDiagram on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:31 am:

Josh: I appreciated the info' on how to get rid of that annoying password screen every time I boot.

Nice one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dbatche1 on Friday, November 16, 2001 - 12:41 pm:

at startup, when password screen opens, I just press esc button, and I am in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 12:29 am:

Tammy:

Right-click on network neighborhood, go to properties.

Click on the "client for microsoft networks". Below the white box, there is a pull-down menu. It says "client for microsoft network". Pull that down and choose 'windows logon'. Click OK.

It will make you reboot. On reboot, don't enter a password, just hit enter. This should clear up the password question on each boot.

Josh
(Posting periodically, inconsistantly, and randomly)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tammy on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 11:21 pm:

A friend did mine and offered a password and I said no but it still comes up and I hit enter and it goes through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, June 30, 2001 - 07:29 am:

Check the other Post
Password, What's it good for
I posted in the wrong place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 05, 2001 - 10:48 pm:

Betty:

Not sure exactly what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a dos prompt (the c:>), then click start, run, type in 'command' without the quotes and hit enter.

If you want to boot into dos press the F8 key while the computer is booting. Then select the "Boot to DOS" option. Or, just click start, shut down, restart in dos mode.

Hope that helps,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By betty wheeler on Sunday, February 04, 2001 - 08:59 pm:

hello everyone.
i can't find my dosshell

betty
jwhee27496@goingplatinum.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 11:07 pm:

Man... I wish your friend didn't take it to the shop. I am sure they will only pop the battery out and charge like HECK for correcting that problem. People think auto-mechanics are dishonest... man, that doesn't even come close to computer repairmen.

However, if you come to Shreveport, LA area... I fix without charging a bundle. :)

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By C. J. on Thursday, February 01, 2001 - 05:34 am:

Thank you Josh!

C.J.

at this time I dont know if it worked. But I think too the friend didn't want to open up the pc. Soooo I think it's in the shop! I'm still waiting to hear from her.
thanks!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 06:33 am:

CJ:

I am assuming that this password is the BIOS password, not a Windows password? Does the computer boot to windows and then ask for the password, or does it turn on and ask for the password? If it is windows, just hit cancel.

If not, then it is in the bios. Here is what to do:
Get your motherboard book out. Check to see if there is a Jumper to reset the cmos. This would be a little peice of plastic over a couple pins to reset all the information stored in the bios.

If it does not have a jumper, or you cannot find the book, then try this: Open the case and remove the button battery in the motherboard. It will be about an inch in diameter and silver. Remove it and leave it out for several hours. (make sure the computer is also unplugged.)

I believe that should also reset everything. Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Sunday, January 28, 2001 - 03:37 am:

a friend of mine, has a son that put a password on the computer. Now she cant even get on the computer at all. Her son does not remember the password. The computer wants this password just to start up!. So she cant even get on it at all.
What can she do? She tried to reinstall but the computer still wanted the password!

CJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tony Sellick on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 11:57 pm:

Those folks with password problems. Do a "file" then "find" then type in "*.pwl" (without the quotes) Note make sure you are searching drive C
This will bring up a list of all windows passwords
Right click on them and delete them all.
After that go to settings>control panel and double click "Network". Halfway down make sure that "Windows logon" is chosen from the drop down box. Next time you re-boot ..... no password needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Doug Ward on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 09:44 pm:

Dawn ,go to www.microsoft.com and in search type regclean. Download and run it. Also go Start then programs/accessories/system tools/scandisk and run it.Then, in the same section (system tools) go to disk defragmenter and run it.
Make sure the screen saver is turned off. E-me if you don't know how to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, November 12, 2000 - 07:56 pm:

I'm having a serious problem with error pop ups both the illegal operation, and (invalid page fault in module crs32.dill at 015f.016c877b) that was in the details. these messages just started yesterday, and appear in almost every way, (like trying to click on favorites, or play lotto, it's really made using this pc almost impossible, this is my third attempt to use "newbie" today, hope someone can help. (my e-mail's not affected) Thanks Dawn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sue on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 07:18 pm:

You will find passwords by going to Start > Settings > Control Panel > and then selecting Passwords. Hopefully this will help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Edward Gause on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 06:09 pm:

Hello Everyone,

When I first setup my computer, I set it up not to require a password protected logon. Well, one day I was fooling around with all the settings and now I'm prompted for a password everytime I log on. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to disable this feature. Anyone know how?

-Edward
Internet Marketing for Beginners
http://cynted.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page