Partition Puzzle???

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Partition Puzzle???
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Green pixels and other problems  1   02/01 07:22pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 06:56 pm:

It worked fine - thanks again Josh, I appreciate your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:31 am:

Thanks Josh - I will give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:08 am:

Rob, you have to delete all the partitions, then make them one big one.

So, start up fdisk again, and delete your c partition.

Then, create a new primary dos partition, and use the maximum space.

When you get that done, exit fdisk, reboot, and format c. C will now contain the size of itself plus whatever was in d and e.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 08:40 pm:

I bought a used 10 gig hard drive that had been partitioned C,D,& E. I deleted D&E using FDISK. After formatting C and installing Win 98, under computer properties it is showing that C is only 1 gig in size. Can anyone tell me what happened to the rest of the drive????? I assumed that when I deleted the other partitions, the C drive would just take up the whole of the disk!!! Please help.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page