Green pixels and other problems

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Green pixels and other problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 09:14 am:

I finally got this problem fixed. I did exchange the DVD ROM for another model but had the same problems. Then I installed the XP version of Power DVD and now my DVD playback is perfect. Kinda strange considering my o/s is 98.

Thanks again for trying to help.

My next problem to solve is why my broadband connection has died. According to AT&T it is working fine, but I cannot get on-line with it. I am sure I will end up getting someone to come out and investigate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:40 pm:

Thanks for the advice, but it didn't help.
Back to "Best Buy" I go - hehheheheee.
I am going to pick up an Acer DVD ROM, I have read good things about those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 05:43 pm:

Before you do that, be sure to uninstall the dvd software and reinstall it. It could be a driver problem, but doubtful.

At least try and see before you spend the money on a new drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rob on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:50 am:

yep - I am using 32-bit color. I think that the DVD-ROM is not very good - I am going to replace it with a different brand and see if the results are better

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 01:57 am:

I think that I have it set-up for the maximum amount of color - but I will check over the weekend. Thanks Josh, have a good one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 12:12 am:

Rob, right-click on your desktop, left-click on properties.

Click the settings tab, make sure your resolution is at least 16-bit, but preferably 24bit color.

See if that helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 07:23 pm:

I just installed a DVD ROM in my machine. When I try to run the "Power DVD" software that came with, or another DVD player program that came with my video card "All-In-Wonder Pro 128"; the system often locks up, or it will just play the first couple of seconds of the movie. On the occasions that I can get it to play the DVD movie, I often get green pixels that appear on the monitor, and then they dissapear and appear somewhere else!!!!! I have no clue if there is some kind of conflict in the system, or is this just par for the course on computer DVD players?? I would very much appreciate any help.

Rob.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page