Little computers on taskbar not staying lit

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Little computers on taskbar not staying lit
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 05:37 am:

Kathryn,

Those two little "computers" (monitors?)only light up when you are up-loading (sending mail, etc.)and down-loading (loading a web page, receiving mail, downloading a program, etc.) Once the page has completed loading or you have finished uploading something, the lights go off. The only time the little "computer" icons are there is when you are connected to your ISP, if you are working off-line, they are not present. If you hover your cursor over them, it will tell you how much you have up and down loaded in this session (in bytes) and also what your connection speed is (in bytes per second). If you right click on the icon, you can disconnect from your ISP. Hope this clears it up for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By kathryn on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 03:38 am:

Hi, I am new just today. For months now I have been having a frustrating problem with my PC opening web pages. Down on the taskbar, next to the time, there are two little computers, one in front of the other. I have noticed that unless both are lit up blue nothing happens. It seems that they should be blue all the time if I am connected to the net. But they are not. This may be a very simple problem for some, but I am a pure bonehead. I am going to sign up for dsl with earthlink, but I am not sure this problem will be solved. It seems to be in my computer only. My husbands computer downloads webpages much faster than mine and we use the same connection. (We cant both use it at the same time). Does anyone have a clue as to how I can make both those little computers stay lit up?
Thanks. (I didnt find anything about this in the archives).
Kathryn

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page