How do I enable sound for everything Other than my music CDs?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: The NEW Newbie Club: How do I enable sound for everything Other than my music CDs?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 07:22 am:

Dorothy...

From what you posted, it sounds like there is some conflict going on. If you get a "your sound card may be in use", it could be a couple things.

1. Your drivers may be messed up. Reinstall them. (yes, i can help with that)

2. Some program is running in the background and messing up your sound. Do you get a startup sound when windows starts?

It really sounds more like 1 than 2 though.

The reason you can play music cd's is that your sound card doesn't go through windows to play music cd's. It goes directly from the cd player to sound card to speakers. So, the conflict is bypassed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Dorothy S. on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 11:06 pm:

My PC(IBM Compatible Desktop w/Intel Pentium Processor plays my Music CDs wonderfully; rich, beautiful acoustics. When I try to enable soun(s) for anythiung/everything else I get "your sound card may be in use"....what am I doing wrong now?I have only had my computer for a SHORT time, and YES, it is my first....Please help!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page