Scanner

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Scanner
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Does anyone else know how to install plug+play stuff? i know im dumb  7   07/27 12:21pm
Scanner/ copy  5   10/05 09:43pm
Usb file missing for scanner?  2   03/26 07:35pm
Spare Stack pages  2   02/24 03:15pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Deb Slatterie on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 09:39 pm:

Josh, OCR is optical character recognition, or some prefer to call it optical character reader.
The software has sure improved in the last couple of years! We use Textbridge at work and it's great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:43 pm:

Anon, unfortunately, OCR software is not perfect (ocr stands for something, which I don't remember, but it refers to software that converts scanned images to text).

You can scan a document and convert it to text, but there will always be some issues where it doesn't quite translate some letters properly.

You will just have to go in and correct the errors. Then, Highlight the page and change the font to what you want it to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 07:34 am:

I have windows98 2nd ed. and a hp5370cxi scanner. I beleive my scanner software is I.R.I.S and Caere Pagekeeper software that came with the scanner. When I try to scan a text file into msword 2000 some words transfer misspelled and the formating is off. I'm running MS Works 2000 that came with my Dell 4100 Dimention and an oem copy of MS office 97 I bought at an Ebay auction. I installed works 1st and office later. Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Margaret Bogle on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 01:40 am:

Help, I have Windows XP home edition and have been unable to get my HP932C printer to print on both sides of the paper. I tell it to flip front to back and it still prints on two sheets of paper.I also have a Umax Astra 610P scanner and the Vista Scan with the copy utility gives me a"scanner link failed" error message

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 07:58 pm:

D.T.:

Your scanner will scan things, but will not give you the options to print unless you use 3rd party software. Your scanner almost certainly came with the software to do this. Because different scanners come with different software, I cannot be specific on where to find this or the exact instructions, but I can give a general idea.

You will need to start up this program (probably any graphic program you have will work), then click File, and Aquire, or Twain Aquire on the menu. When you select that, you should see a scanner menu appear. This is probably what you are familiar with seeing when scanning. Just hit preview to get a preview of the document, select the area you want to scan, and hit scan.

This will bring your scanned object into the graphic program. From that point, you can click file-save to save it, or file-print to print it out.

Hope that helps....

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By D.T. on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 11:44 am:

Josh:
Hi. You & Catchup helped me out once before, so I thought I'd give you another problem.
I have a Primax Colorado 600p scanner. How do I scan a document so that I can print it on my printer?
Have read the instructions and the help section, but still can't figure. Help!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 26, 2001 - 05:08 pm:

Yvonne:

What is the brand and model number of the scanner? (will be in your scanner documentation). What type of operating system are you running, win95, win98, winME?

Let me know that information so I can try and help you.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Yvonne Higgins on Sunday, February 25, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

I am having the same problem when trying to scan it totally freezes up and I can't even shut down properlly, this really eats up alot of time not to mention the urge to pull my hair out!
I can't find how to see the replys to any of the quetions. I will check back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sarah on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 11:19 am:

can anyone tell me what error (40) is on the floppy drive, and does anyone have any idea why my computer refuses to do anything including ctrl-alt-del when i try to load on my scanner, thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page