WinZip Self-extractor Zipfile damaged

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: WinZip Self-extractor Zipfile damaged
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 01:29 am:

The WinZip Self-extractor is merely a portion of the zipped file that you down-loaded that has been added so that you may extract the working portion of the file so you can use it without having WinZip on your computer. Wherever you downloaded the original free virus program from is where you download it again. If it still gives you the same error message either contact support from the page you downloaded from and tell them what is going on or give up and try another site.

If I have mis-understood your question, post again with the URL of the site you downloaded from and I will go have a look.

Here is the URL for a good, free, anti-virus program. www.grisoft.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By butterfli on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 01:19 pm:

I've been trying to download some free anti-virus protection but am getting following message when I try to use it:-

WinZip Self-extractor
Zipfile is damaged, truncated or has been changed since it was created. If you downloaded this file, try downloading again.

Trouble is I'm such a non-techie, with the additional handicap of having a brain the size of a petit pois, that I have not the slightest idea if I had to download this or not,nor if I did where I downloaded from or how to do it again!
Can some kind person please hold my hand and guide me through this step by step, preferably in words of one syllable?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page