Writing an ebook, & would love your input!

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Good help site for newbies: Writing an ebook, & would love your input!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, April 05, 2002 - 10:23 pm:

Yes - I think that's a good idea. It's a bit of a shock when you first go online to realise that your correspondents may be round the other side of the world!

I think this is where US sites do have a disadvantage - the rest of us quickly get used to US spelling, terminology, etc, especially if we have access to US films, TV, books.

Something I often would like to use is a dictionary that explains some common US/British English terms. For example I didn't realise that the term fortnight(ly) isn't used outside the UK.

I'm also often worried in case a phrase that's perfectly innocent here might give offence somewhere else - a recent example I saw quoted was that in the UK we have a joint on Sundays. That's a joint of meat - but the term could be misconstrued elsewhere!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandra Tavanis on Friday, April 05, 2002 - 12:19 am:

Hello Everyone!
I'm writing an ebook (working title) 'Going Global for Beginners' which will help new American web sites target the world's English speaking market (Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and the like). I've done a lot of research, and truly believe this is an untouched area, especially for new ebusiness.
I would love to have your opinion on this (please). Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see in the book?
Any and all comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page