Need Advice! All My .dbx Files In The MS Identies Folder Have A Photo Editor Icon Named ACDSee from Hewlette Packard.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Need Advice! All My .dbx Files In The MS Identies Folder Have A Photo Editor Icon Named ACDSee from Hewlette Packard.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 06:47 pm:

"Amendment"

Thanks Rob,

See, I am learning from this site and happily so, I rebooted just now and voila! Thanks so much. That did the trick. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 06:35 pm:

Thanks Rob but I just tried that several times exactly as you stated. When I look in Explorer the ACDSee Icons are still attached to the .dbx files. I am thinking that maybe I have to reboot to get it to execute the command??? Any other suggestions on this would be appreciated. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Rob on Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 01:32 pm:

Hi,
You can use winfile to "unassociate" your .dbx files.
click on: start/run/
type in: "winfile" and press enter..(not the quotes)
click on: file/associate
type in: .dbx
then scroll up and select "none"
close winfile.
Doing this will unassociate .dbx files from acdsee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Monday, April 08, 2002 - 10:56 am:

Just another day in paradise. This time it's my Outlook Express .dbx files folder stored in the MS Identities Folder under Application Data. Yes, there all there right where they need to be BUT!Each and every one has the Photo Editor Icon by H.P. called ACDSee. A face icon in a small box to be exact and green no less which is what I am turning. All of the file extensions do read(.dbx)so that helps but how would I fix this. Just looking at it tells me something is not right. By the way, ACDSee won't open them and Outlook Express is not listed in the "open with box". Thanks for your help you guys are great! Can't let a day go by without reading the posts and reply from this great site. longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page