Yearning To Copy OE6 Photo Attachments To CD's But Need Help!

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Yearning To Copy OE6 Photo Attachments To CD's But Need Help!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, April 08, 2002 - 09:40 pm:

Longlashes, here is one way to do it:

Right-click on your desktop, choose new/new folder. Type a name that would apply, such as "OE Photos" and hit enter.

Now, startup up outlook express. Open the email you want to save a photo from. Do like before, where you right-click on it, but choose "save picture as".

When the Save Picture window opens, Click the down arrow in the pulldown box at the top of the window. If you scroll to the bottom entry, you will find the folder you just created. Select it.

This tells the computer that you want to save the photo in that directory. Now, click the save button. The photo will now be in that directory.

Do this same procedure for all the attachments that you want to save. Once completed, double-click the new folder you created on your desktop, and verify that the photos are in it. If they are, delete the email messages, you don't need them anymore.

To burn them on cd, start up your cd writing software, select data cd, then, just click and drag the folder from the desktop into the working area of the cd writing software.

Hit the record button, and you are set to go!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Monday, April 08, 2002 - 11:25 am:

Hi,

OE6 is growing weary of all the pics I have stored there. I desire to put them on Cd's. I have Windows 98SE. I also have a CD-Writer with this H.Packard Pentium III. I can right click on each photo attachment in OE6 but all that comes up in the box is "Copy", "Save Picture As" or "Select All". How do I get them from point A to point B. Thank you so much. Hope the mention of .dbx files doesn't come up, I am having enough problems with that as I mentioned in another post. Anyway, I am willing to listen and learn and thanks again. longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page