Minimizing More Than Two Windows Causes One To Disappear From The Drop Down Area

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Minimizing More Than Two Windows Causes One To Disappear From The Drop Down Area
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Friday, March 07, 2003 - 04:08 am:

Thanks Rip,

That tip is really "cool".

longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By rip rayner on Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 07:06 pm:

to long lashes
try holding down alt. and tab keys,this will show all progs running on desk top,tapping tab key will move box to next window.
rip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 05:49 pm:

Hi Richard,
Thanks again for responding. Reverted back to IE5 which also automatically reverted me back to OE5. No problem there. Also, it fixed the drop down window problem as yours did. One good thing. What I did discover this morning though is that the Keyboard Manager cannot be found. I went into control panel for keyboard. I tried to enable the multi-media button because this is that type of keyboard from H. Packard but a pop-up box tells me that it CANNOT FIND THE KEYBOARD MANAGER. This may or maynot be the source of my problem with the keyboard malfunctioning. What is your take on this.
thanks, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 05:21 pm:

Hi Longlashes,

In reference to your problem with ctrl-alt-delete, I don't know if that is related to IE6 or not, I guess when you revert to IE5 you will know. But it could also be directly related to your problems with the keyboard, maybe the shift key, is not the only thing that isn't working.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, April 20, 2002 - 05:00 am:

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your instructions. Going to revert back this weekend to IE5. One more thing. When a program stops responding, I can no longer use control-alt-delete to shut that particular program down. Do you think this is related also to OE6 because it always worked fine before. thanks, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 08:07 am:

To revert back to IE5, go to the add/remove program in the control panel, highlight IE6 then click on add-remove, you will get a window with three options: Add component - repair explorer - Restore the previous windows configuration, put a dot in the radio button by the restore option and follow the instructions, this takes a few minutes to uninstall the IE6 and restore IE5 and if I remember correctly it makes you re-start to complete. Its fairly painless and shouldn't give you any problems. Hope this cures your problems, it did for me, but can't guarentee that it will for you, no two of these monsters seem to work or react the same way. Each one seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 01:41 am:

Hi there Richard,

Thanks for letting me know. How do you revert back to IE5, might as well do the same. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 11:17 pm:

I just reverted back to IE5 and the problems have gone away, don't remember why I thought I needed IE6 in the first place. I guess newer is not always better when applied to older operating systems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 09:32 am:

hi josh,
let me explain it this way.

OE6 window gets minimized down to the task bar, that's one, the Newbie Club window gets minimized to the task bar, that's two, the third various window gets minimized and now Newbie Club vanishes completely off the task bar at this point and has been replaced by the third various window that I just minimized leaving me with only two windows when I minimized three. At this point, I would have to go back to my favorites or my desktop shortcut, to get back to the Newbie Club site discussion board window that I was in. I'm going to sleep, this is too much. not kidding it's after 2 am in the morning here. But, I am a die hard, what can I say. Richard states he's having the same identical problem. So, never more than two windows at a time in the taskbar. Is that all we are allowed. Not. I know you can help us. thank you so much, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 04:57 am:

If you have, say, 3 IE windows open, and you minimize two of those, the third one gets minimized too? Is that correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 04:15 am:

Hi Richard,

Yes, right after installing IE6. Prior to that, it worked the way it was intended to. Great, then I am not alone. I'll keep checking back as always for a new message on this thread. Thank you, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Wednesday, April 17, 2002 - 12:29 am:

Hi Longlashes, I am using the same set-up you are and have the same problem. This only started occuring after I installed IE6, used to work fine with IE5.5. I don't know if there is anything we can do about it, maybe Josh will have a solution for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Tuesday, April 16, 2002 - 10:26 pm:

Hello again,

I am using Windows 98SE, IE6 and OE6. Cannot minimize more than two windows into the drop down box without loosing the third or perhaps the fourth window. Causing me to loose my place each time and having to open whatever page on whatever site I happened to be visiting. Do you know what causes this and how I may fix it. thanks, longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page