Application Files And Dos Application Plus Batch Files With .EXE Extensions Showed Up In My Downloads Folder And I Don't Know Why

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Application Files And Dos Application Plus Batch Files With .EXE Extensions Showed Up In My Downloads Folder And I Don't Know Why
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Wednesday, May 01, 2002 - 06:07 am:

Hi Josh,

Now I am able to relate how these files showed up in the my download folder. I downloaded a floppy disk manager program and used it to create a boot disk for Windows start-up. Must have foiled during that time and the files copied themselves in the download folder as well. Thank you so very much for your help. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, April 30, 2002 - 09:24 pm:

Longlashes, I don't know exactly how you did it, but those files are what are contained on a windows startup disk.

Perhaps when you were making all of the IE changes, you hit the "create windows startup disk" tab and created the files there? I'm not sure.

However, you can delete them all without any concern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 05:08 am:

Using Properties to help me identify some of these told me that all of the above files were created and modified on the same date.
I am clueless as to what has happened here.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

PS Perhaps this has something to do with my keyboard and control-alt-delete not functioning as noted in recent past inquiries.

longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, April 27, 2002 - 04:59 am:

Hi,
I run WINDOWS 98SE.Recently reverted back to OE5 from OE6. Downloads are kept on C Drive.Upon looking into that download folder I find these files that magically appeared. Something is wrong here. Where do they go and how do I put them back.
DEBUG.EXE-APPLICATION
EXTRACT.EXE-APPLICATION
FDISK.EXE-APPLICATION
FINDRAMD.EXE-APPLICATION
LABEL.EXE-APPLICATION
MEM.EXE-APPLICATION
MOVE.EXE-APPLICATION
MSCDEX.EXE-APPLICATION
SMARTDRIVE.EXE-APPLICATION
XCOPY.EXE.- APPLICATION
XCOPY32.EXE-APPLICATION
DRVSPACE.BIN
COMMAND.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION -PROG.MSDOS PROMPT
DOSKEY.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION-DOS -PROG.DOS KEY
EDIT.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION
FORMAT.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION
KEYB.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION -PROG. KEY BOARD
MODE.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION -PROG. MODE
MORE.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION -PROG. MORE
SYS.COM-MSDOS APPLICATION -PROG. SYS
AUTOEXEC.BAT-MSDOS BATCH FILE -PROG. AUTO EXE
SETRAMD.BAT-MSDOS BATCH FILE -PROG. SETRAMD

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page