E-mail addresses

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: E-mail addresses
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lesley Rice on Monday, February 17, 2003 - 01:09 pm:

To save your email adresses in Netscape you need to open the address book window - thats by clicking on the little book on the bottom left of the screen. When this opens you'll see a 'tools' option. Click that and you'll see there is an option to export.
This will allow you to write out all your email addresses to a file. You can write to a file on your hard disk and then copy to a floppy, or by specifying the A drive as the location of the file you can go straight to floppy!
You can export in a few different ways - choose one depending on what you want to do with the addresses once you have them. If its just to import back to netscape dont do a thing, but if you want them imported to anothe program, to a database or spreadsheet choose .csv format. This stands for comma separated variables and will be understood by most programs you might want to read the info to.
Hope this helps
Lesley
dejargon.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Diane on Monday, June 03, 2002 - 03:03 am:

How do I save my e-mail addresses to a floppy. I use Netscape.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page