Additions To The Sounds Property List In Control Panel

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: How can I do this?: Additions To The Sounds Property List In Control Panel
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 02:50 am:

Richard, yes, that is the way I understand it. You can't add applications to the list of ones own choosing. The program has to add itself to the list if it is specifically written up that way at the time of its creation. Then and only then can you choose which wav files for which events you want to hear it play back. Thanks for your help. longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 04:24 am:

Longlashes, I just came from pc911, I see that they answered your question. Evidently we can't add things to the Events in Sound properties. Is that the way that you understand their answers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 07:16 pm:

Hi, I have been unable to determine a way to add programs to that list, I have some there that you don't list and don't have some that you do list, because we have different programs on our PC's. It looks to me like maybe as you add a program to your PC that supports sounds it automatically adds itself to the list. However, if you want to check for sure, you can go here and join their forum and they have a lot more knowledgable people that will answer your questions and very quickly. You will have to sign up, but it is all free.
http://www.pcnineoneone.com/

Lately (Since Tom Glander left this site), there doesn't seem to be very many people that answer questions here anymore. Haven't seen "Josh" on here for ages.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 03:18 pm:

Hello,

I am using Win98SE and my question relates to the Sound Properties found in the control panel. I enjoy using my wav files but the programs listed there are limited to the Windows Media Player, Explorer, Power Management, MS Works and Task Launcher,Money, Quicken etc. Many of which I don't use. Is there a way I can add other programs or utilities of my own choosing to that list or am I limited to what's already there....Thank you, longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page