Microphone for PC

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Microphone for PC
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Recorder problems!  1   07/13 04:35pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 07:31 pm:

Somehow, windows media player isn't working on your machine.

Try this:

Left-click once on the sound file. It is now highlighted. Press and hold the shift key & right-click on the selected sound file. Release shift.

A menu opens, select "open with..."

Click browse, go to C drive, program files, Windows media player.

Select wmplayer2.exe, and hit OK. Put a check mark in the "always use this app", and hit OK.

That should do it.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 05:09 pm:

I have the start/programs/acc./etc. everything works except my mic. it says I need wmplayer.exe for opening 'wave sound'. The file sound has been changed.Any other suggestions. Thank you for your time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, September 12, 2002 - 07:00 am:

I am not sure if I understand your problem.
Do you have "Start / Programs / Accessories / Entertainment / Sound Recorder" (win2k) program option or similar? If not, install it from the Windows setup utilities that comes with Windows (Add Software, Windows, etc. - - to get it from the CD). Does it run? Does it respond when you press the red Record button?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 - 08:57 pm:

how do you download mic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By JAMES BAKER on Sunday, October 29, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

Hi David, Doubleclick the speaker icon in your lower right taskbar and on the window that opens make sure the MUTE button is unchecked for the mic controls. That is usually the simple fix. james

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David Gaudette on Saturday, October 28, 2000 - 10:44 pm:

I am new to computers and I am trying to get a microphone to work I plugged it in where it shows on the computer but I can't talk through it. Can anyone explain if I need to do something else to get it to work. I have a Packard Bell with Windows 98 and I am using IE 5.0
Thanks for any help.
David/dustdog

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page