Looking for an Anti-virus.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Looking for an Anti-virus.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 07:10 am:

I just read your reply in praise of AVG. Here you mention getting rid of the hidden keys and files in the Registry when you un-installed McAfee. Sounds like there is more to it that just using the add and remove program or the un-install for the McAfee program. Would you give me some pointers on what to look for and delete because after reading your post, I am not confident that everything was removed the way I went at it. Thank you, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 11:05 pm:

Definitely AVG. It is less intrustive to your system than McAfee and Norton, and contains no fix-it-all-utilities that can mess up your computer. The latest virus update on my McAfee caused a total crash on my computer. I couldn't even boot. They had a corrupt file in the update download. After many problems over the years with McAfee, that was the end of them for me. Then, of course, is the huge task of uninstalling all of the hidden keys and files in the registry. McAfee is a no no for me. AVG is a nice simple program, and, of course, free. Good luck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 02:57 am:

Hi, Go with the AVG Richard recommended. It's great. I used to have McAFEE till they suggested AVG to me here. With McAfee you had to be a rocket scientist to ever decipher and wade through their web site or any techinical help and I paid for it besides. Not anymore....

longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 05:23 pm:

Anon, Yes there are several. Here is the one I use. www.grisoft.com/
It is completely free and does a good job. It is called AVG and you can download it at the above site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 02:41 pm:

hi,
Is there any good, free one out there somewhere? I just hope there is. Thank you.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page