Where is the "clinic?"

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Where is the "clinic?"
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
CD WONT EJECT  4   07/27 07:04pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, August 01, 2003 - 10:58 am:

Hi Debbie,

The cursor is the little pointer thingy that moves around as you move your mouse. It's often an arrow, but it will change shape depending on what you are doing - for example, as we type into this forum message box it's a tall flashing line.

To copy and paste:
Highlight the stuff you want to copy by holding down the left mouse button and dragging it over what you want to copy.
Then click on the place you want to paste to. Now you can click the right mouse button and click on paste from the pop-up menu.

some keyboard shortcuts:
CTRL+A will highlight everything (A=All)
CTRL+C will copy what you've highlighted
CTRL+V will paste what you've copied

Dianne Reuby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By debbie on Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 02:45 am:

help what is a curser and how do i copy and paste???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ybbroke on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 12:20 pm:

from ybbroke cont; I say this because a while ago I had difficulty getting a payment accepted through the credit card system and on ringing up I was actually connected to Joe Robson. I cannot ever remember being connected to a business owner before and I was realy impressed by his genuine concern, not about the money but customer satisfaction, I truly believe Joe is more concerned about the product and service to his customers than about the money. Yes he will make money and after the service he gave me he deserves to but I formed an opinion about his integrity and trust so I follow his recommendations and advice. He has an enormous job on his hands and an enormous amount of free info to look after. More power to his elbow, look at everything he has got right and make some allowances, I do, I have to being perfect. ybbroke John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ybbroke on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 12:19 pm:

Hi Everyone, It is only rarely that I have a look at the Forum but looking today I see items about the "Clinic" and about "witholding payments" While I do not know anything about these items, and not much about computers etc, I do know we do not live in a perfect world and there will always be some problems. I do know that generally forums are set up for members to help members not the owner of the business to sort everything out, although if it was brought to his attention I am sure he would give it his best shot. ybbroke to be continued

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Norma Rekar on Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 02:12 am:

I could not even find where to sign up for the clinic, But after reading these things maybe it is a good thing I didn't if you cant even get on it. When I cliked on signing up it came up with cannot find web site. So something funny is going on with this Newbie Club. Norma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, January 10, 2003 - 12:06 pm:

Sandee,

It's for the server - who can access which files on your site, I think. I've used .htaccess files to let me use server-side includes (files that I keep on the server and that are added into ever page when they load, e.g. navigation menu), but I'm not very knowledgable about it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandee Knapp on Wednesday, January 08, 2003 - 10:12 pm:

Can anyone interrupt this HTML for me?

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all

order deny,allow
deny from all

AuthName sandeescottage.net
AuthUserFile /catchusers2/sa/nd/ee/scottage.net/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /catchusers2/sa/nd/ee/scottage.net/_vti_pvt/service.grp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred Hoffman on Tuesday, September 24, 2002 - 07:57 pm:

I KNEW I couldn't be the only one having a problem.
Mine is with the web hosting package. I too paid for the thing two weeks ago and have had no response. Thirteen unanswered emails to support, Joe Robinson, Peter Hyde and my mother.
If ANYBODY is getting any kind of response from the club (other than from the "never-fail" Josh Lowe) won't you please let me know?
I am way past frustrated and am now getting real angry at a Club that has been so helpful for so long.
I received the latest newsletter so I know somebody is still functioning somewhere.
I am contacting my credit card company today and telling them to cancel payment for the web hosting service.
I would advise everyone to withhold any payments till you get some response from the club. GOOD LUCK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peg on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 06:44 pm:

Ginny,
There is another place to enter on the same page. Scroll down near the bottom where it reads..."If you're already a member, click here to enter"..If you can't get in there...You could try sending your question directly to a moderator at newbie club. Listed under Utilities...Contact..you will find Peter Hyde listed. Email to ...ph@newbieclub.com
I don't know if he is the right person to contact, but you can try...
Sorry you are having such a frustrating problem.
I am not a clinic member yet, but I was thinking about joining. Let me know how things work out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ginny on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 11:39 pm:

I did that , but I get a 404 error:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peg on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 03:17 pm:

On the first page that comes up when you get to the newbie club site, look on the left side for "Clinic login". It is the second item there just below member entrance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ginny on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 01:19 am:

I paid for a membership, but I can't seem to "enter" the clinic. How do I find the "clinic?"
Thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page