How can I turn on Wordpad?

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: How can I do this?: How can I turn on Wordpad?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By whatshername on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 - 10:40 pm:

Thank you all for your help. I have it back on now. And Richard I turned it off because I also have Notepad and I don't really work with text files that much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 06:10 pm:

Anon,

Your solution is much better and easier than mine, I had never even bothered to look at the Windows set-up tab in the add/remove folder before, so wasn't aware you could disable,re-enable using that method. Very useful information, thank you. Learn something new every day. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 04:07 am:

Whatshername,

Go to control panel, double click on Add/Remove Programs. Next click on the windows SetUp Tab, Next (left click once on Accessories to highlight) then click on the Details Button, scroll down to WordPad and put a check mark in the box. Click OK, back on the main screen click Apply. You may be asked for your Windows Disk, unless it came pre-installed.
That should take care of it.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, June 16, 2002 - 02:06 am:

Whatshername,

Why in the world would you ever want to disable Wordpad? I think this will work, Start/Find/Files & Folders/ when it opens type in Wordpad.exe, make sure it is looking in "C" drive (or whatever your harddrive is if it is not C), then click on find. Once it is found, double click on the Wordpad.exe and it should re-install itself. It should be located under Programs/ Accessories/Wordpad.

If it still can't be found then you probably removed the program from the add-remove programs folder. If this is the case, do you have a rescue CD for windows? If so, put it in and find Wordpad in there and re-install it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By whatshername on Saturday, June 15, 2002 - 11:55 pm:

I've been getting error messages for a lot of my text files as being too large for Notepad to handle. But when Windows tries to enable Wordpad, I get a message that it cannot be located. I remember disabling it a while ago and now I don't know how to turn it back on.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page