Dazed And Confused---This Isn't Your Normal Pop-Up Window

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Dazed And Confused---This Isn't Your Normal Pop-Up Window
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 10:19 pm:

When computer boots,the isp connection dial up window comes up. How can I remove this from windows98, I have 2 isps and forgot how to do this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 26, 2002 - 01:43 am:

longlashes,
Here are a couple things you can try.

1) Close your browser, Go to start, settings, control panel - Once in the control panel double click on add/remove programs, under the install/uninstall tab scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer left click once to highlight it, next click the Add/Remove button, on the next screen put a check in the Repair Internet Explorer click OK. Follow any instructions, re-start your PC. After you are done connect to the internet again and see if the box is gone.

2) Go to start, run and type in msconfig , on the next screen click on the startup tab and scroll down the list and check to see if there is anything listed that says about MS Internet Explorer, if there is uncheck it and click apply, you'll have to re-strat your PC

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 - 02:28 am:

Hi,

Strangely enough and just recently, I am getting a fairly large pop-up window while in my IE 5 Browser. I am using Win98SE. Up at the top of the window in the title box it says..... about blank MS Internet Explorer. Nothing in it, though. Just the window. It also shows up before Morpheus tries to connect for me. Then the Morpheus program pops-up a window and tells me there is a problem with the..... MS about blank window. It is also showing up too now when I try to access the discussion board here. I don't know why. Does anyone else know why I am getting this..... about blank window.... with nothing in it. How do I get rid of it. Please somebody know. Thanks, longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page