CD-R Drive Won't Cooperate With Moir

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Compact Disc "D": CD-R Drive Won't Cooperate With Moir
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Thursday, June 27, 2002 - 07:00 am:

Hi again to all,

Win98SE, IE5,....Here is my annoyance. I am using the following instructions to copy my Documents folder to a blank CD....

--This is the best way to back up your files.
You can simply right click on your "My Documents" folder, select and click 'copy'; right click on your DR-RW drive and select and click paste. Your done! this will copy all of your folders and files exactly as they are on your hard drive.--

Why am I getting this Error Copying File message which states that I must make sure 1. the disk is not full 2. the file is not currently in use or 3. not write-protected.

One and two are confirmed but I am stuck on three the write-protected part. What does write-protected mean. Not understanding this. I am going to the M Drive thru Windows Explorer and trying to paste from there a copy of my documents folder to a CD which is loaded. My PC has CD-R Writer capabilities, so where have I gone wrong.

Much thanks,
longlashes

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page