TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Want 2 different ISP's
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Pc speakers  2   08/18 02:21pm
~~~ Important Information That You Might Really Use ~~~  3   09/13 07:32pm
Security  2   09/08 02:14pm
My siggy still on my pc don't know how to get it in forum  3   09/07 06:46am
Exporting Favourites  1   09/07 03:23am
Low-cost Web Site Hosting  2   12/27 12:23am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Earle on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:41 pm:

msn? let me tell you bout a nightmare!! nothings works right!

i have localnet.com as my new ISP, they are a reliable,CHEAP ($9.95 a month) ISP with a lot of support.
they even got oe re-configured to function, which msn never could.

watch those freebies, you get what you pay for,lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 08:25 pm:

Oops!!! link problem. Try it again...
http://www.handtech.com/asp/internet/default.asp?host=ibizhelp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 08:14 pm:

ISP troubles???? Check out a new service with a great 24 by 7 support...
http://www.handtech.com/asp/internet/default.asp?host=ibizhelp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By beeble on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 01:57 am:

Right now I have 1 different ISP, I got a cable modem for my birthday, BUT until then, I had 8 different ISP's, call me crazy, but living here in NJ it's almost impossible to get on/stay on with a dial-up connection. For west-coast folks earthlink is best, they still don't have enough ##'s here on the east coast. I had bellatlantic.net for my primary. AWFUL, sorry, but could never stay connected more than 8 or 9 minutes at a time. The others were freebies, several of which have rolled over and died.

If you are using AOL for your dial-up, you can use Netscape or Opera or any other browser, you just have to minimize AOL and launch the other programs.

I'm a hardware tech, so I spend millions of hours on these types of problems!!

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jimmie Guinn on Monday, November 06, 2000 - 09:35 am:

Anybody got anything to say about MSN as an ISP?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary Bucher on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 10:51 pm:

Sandy,

I can add another vote in favor of Earthlink (or MindSpring, Sprynet - they're all one and the same now). Plus I've used it with AOL in the past and found it to work quite well. And don't forget that once you have a "real" ISP, you can use AOL's Bring-Your-Own-ISP feature which gives you full, unlimited access to AOL, but for about half the price.

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken Wolfe on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 10:15 pm:

I use Freelane by Excite, but it has a Banner you can move around. It's the only one that has'nt messed up my other ISP or crashed something, because it's a seperate Program, I'm told.
Be careful if you try an ISP and then Remove it. some can take nessesary files with them and your other ISP might not work. Hope I have'nt scared you. Ken W.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carmen Lamb on Sunday, October 29, 2000 - 05:43 pm:

I would like to add another ISP, but I'm not sure which of the free ones is best to try. Anyone know or has tried one of them? Thanks for a wonderful way to get my feet wet on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CJ on Sunday, October 29, 2000 - 05:41 pm:

I am in California and I use Mindspring.They have merged with Earthlink.They are terrific and I wouldn't use anything else. Good luck :) CJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sandy on Sunday, October 29, 2000 - 05:33 pm:

I have Aol as an internet service provider
but it limits me in using outlook explorer.

Now I want to keep AOL as an ISP: why? because
I'm able to get on the net 99.9 % of the
time...

But I also want to have another ISP so I
can use other programs: How do I set this
up and any recommendations for ISP's in
California?

p.s: thanks for a wonderful board and being
so helpful...love it!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page