Disconnecting from the internet.

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Questions all newbies want to know: Disconnecting from the internet.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, July 08, 2002 - 04:47 pm:

Grettings,

I recently signed up with Worldnet internet service. My previous service was Compuserve. When using Compuserve I would be disconnected from the internet simply by closing the browser. However, with Worldnet I also need to click on the icon in my tool tray and select disconnect. Problem...I keep forgetting to do this and I am getting charged for the hours that I am idle! I tried to change the settings for disconnect idle time, but it keeps resorting back to "never". Is there a way to set up this service to disconnect automatically when the browser is closed, or to pop up the disconnect window to remind me to disconnect?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page