Does anyone else know how to install plug+play stuff? i know im dumb

TNC Discussion Board: General Discussion: Scanner: Does anyone else know how to install plug+play stuff? i know im dumb
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Aggravating error message  4   07/27 12:21pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 09:13 pm:

Nope - it'd not you that's dumb! Plug-n-play is often plug and don't play! Did you get a CD or disk with drivers on for the scanner? If so the CD should run when you load it, or have instructions on running it. Make sure you choose the right model and operating system - often there are drivers for several different scanners and several operating systems (Win 98, WinXP, Mac, etc)

If you don't have a CD with the driver on, you should be able to find one on the makers website. Try a search on somewhere like http://google.com
Type the name of the scanner maker, and you should get a list of their sites. Choose the part of the world you are in - most have web sites for US, Europe, Asia, etc to allow for local differences such as paper sizes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 09:07 pm:

First a couple of questions please. (Que the theme from COPS.."whatch ya gonna do...")What exactly do you mean by "hackin"? And if it's what I think it is, then you should be able to learn how to install a scanner on your own also. When your posting a question it is always good to give some of the specifics of your system such as: What brand scanner,what type as far as hook up goes (SCSI,USB,Etc.), what type of operating system, amount of memory you have installed, etc. It always makes it easier for someone if they know the brand and model # since some scanners go in easy and some don't. The brand and/or operating system being used often plays into the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By helen on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 08:07 pm:

it sounds really dumb doesnt it? how do u install plug + play stuff? But im havin a lot of trubl with my scanner. It simply refuses to install.
i did it once - i think i did anyway. But even then i cudnt scan. Im gr8 @ keyboard tricks + Hackin but i havent got a clue when it comes 2 downloadin and installin. If theres anyone out there who can answer my problem please reply - if not then a cupl of tips/tricks 4 easy downloadin will do

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page