Email "router" problem?

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Email "router" problem?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patricia Loofbourrow, MD on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 01:12 am:

I have had my own business website for about two years now, involving an email question/answer service. About six months ago, one website said I was on a blacklist because my domain wasn't "valid". This is the only problem I have like this in two years of being online.

I didn't really understand what they were talking about, but my hosting company has concluded that there is a problem with either my "router" or my computer. My "network connection" apparently is not named properly (?). The mail is going out as data.domain.com instead of mail.domain.com. I have had Eudora for about a year, and it has the setting of mail.domain.com. I have both AOL and cable modem (in transition).

My web host says I have to go to the ISP (which one? both? what do I tell them?) and get this fixed. I tried to ask what a router was, and where on my computer the problem might be, but my hosting company just says "ask your ISP".

Any suggestions?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page