Attempts to connect to web on boot up

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Attempts to connect to web on boot up
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ken_Williams on Thursday, February 06, 2003 - 12:59 am:

I have a problem which has only just started.
When I boot my computer it tries to log onto the internet!
Its very annoying to say the least because it tries before I have had time
to log myself in to my computer and takes about eight cancels to stop it. I
have to move it to side of desktop to sign into my computeer.
Any Suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carl Martin on Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 11:40 am:

Hi Ken,
It sounds like you have a virus in there. Get all your programs backed up and formate your hard drive. When you reinstall put your windows program on then install a fire wall (I use the free version of Zone alarm) and an anti-virus (you can get discounted ones like Nortons from world start.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vicki Edmiston on Wednesday, May 26, 2004 - 07:30 am:

Yes That is possible, or a spyware program, or maybe somehow it got put in startup. If you go to START RUN and type in MSCONFIG OK then go to the STARTUP tab you can see if it somehow got put in startup by mistake. If it is there you can unselect it by unchecking the box. it will ask you to reboot, to save your changes.
I hope this helps.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page