Sending Personalised messages to a group of people

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Sending Personalised messages to a group of people
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:32 pm:

Over weekends I am involved in administering chess tournaments, and I would like a way to send each participant (sometimes more than 100) a personalised email with his own results, in this sort of format: ((CAPS IN BRACKETS) indicate I have this in a database field)

(NAME)
(ELO RATING AT BEGINNING OF TOURNEY)
Round1 (OPPONENT) (OPPONENT_RATING) (RESULT)
Round2 ..................upt to round 6
Round7 (OPPONENT) (OPPONENT _RATING) (RESULT)

Your score (NUMBER)out of 7
Your ranking (NUMBER) out of 100
Your expected performance was (PERCENTAGE)
Your tournament performance was (NUMBER)
Your new rating will be (NUMBER)

-----------------------------------
I would prerfer to do this in html, so that it looks nice! And this is Not spamming, the players request this :)
Any ideas or suggestions will be welcomed. I do this on a voluntary basis, and cannot afford expensive software, please suggest freeware stuff if I cannot do this with the normal stuff on a PC (Office 2000)
regards,
Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 03:31 pm:

I've used WorldCast, from http://www.fairlogic.com and it works well. I imported my two mailing lists, removed any duplicates, and sent an update to the remaining addresses. But I haven't used the HTML editor. It validates addresses before sending. It's freeware.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page