My Outlook Express Starts Up Very SLoooowly!

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: My Outlook Express Starts Up Very SLoooowly!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Start/run/SFC??  2   04/13 01:03am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By laurcon on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 08:47 pm:

I previously had a virus and it has since been cleaned out. McAfee has been installed now with V Shield. My Outlook Express takes forever now to get started or change from one screen to another.

Sometimes,programs close down or freeze up in the middle of using them. Once in awhile the screen totally freezes.

McAfee says there are no virus on the computer.
What is the problem? Please help. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, February 13, 2001 - 11:03 pm:

Laurcon:

Try this first:

Start/Run/ type in 'sfc' w/o the quotes and hit enter.

Run that to check if any system files are currupted. If that doesn't fix the problem, try reinstalling outlook express.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:34 pm:

I have a program that I run on my computer that was loading slow and freezing up..
It found 44 problems and fixed them.
If you would like to look at this program, I will send you the url if you will email me and request it.
roytexcel@yahoo.com

You can download this and run the test for FREE but if you find problems, you will have to order the repair download...$29.95 I think.
I found it to be a lot cheaper than taking my computer to the shop.
YES, it is working just fine now..

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page