Editing and Saving an Email Message to Word

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Editing and Saving an Email Message to Word
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By laurconn on Monday, February 12, 2001 - 08:56 pm:

When I have an Email message that I want to save to a Word file, how do you edit and remove the enter and/or paragraph character that shows up after each line, i.e. for a poem.

Doing each line separately is very time consuming. There must be an easier way than this. Can someone help please? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mike Whitford on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 06:48 am:

Go to 'Edit' on the Menu bar of Word and click 'Replace' on the drop-down. In the window that pops up you'll be able to change the world.

Do this carefully. Click on the 'More' button, then 'Special'. In the drop-up you'll see 'Manual line breaks'.

Put two of these in the 'Find what' box and one 'Paragraph Mark' in the 'Replace with' box. After this, delete ONE of the 'Manual line breaks in the 'Find what' box and delete the 'Paragraph Marker' in the 'Replace with' box. Just put one press of the space bar in there and hit the 'Replace all' button.

Bingo. Sounds complicated, but it's fast and does a great job. Happy Archiving.
Mike.
m.whitford@which.net

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page