Outlook automatically opens last message

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Outlook automatically opens last message
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Keith Ketterer on Friday, April 20, 2001 - 01:59 pm:

Hello,
I have a concern with Outlook Express and would like to know how to change this:

It seems whenever I launch Outlook, it automatically opens the most recent email in the queue. It doesn't open the letter, just the envelope icon and then lists it as read.

For instance, if I've got twenty emails that I want to look at later, if I just close Outlook and then re-open it, the most recent email recieved will be marked as open and read.

I'm worrying that at some point it may just open something that should be deleted (although I have a virus program that works pretty good at preventing me from opening infected attachments, you never know).

Anyone's help would be appreciated
KD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 03:22 pm:

I have the same problem as Keith with my Outlook Express. When I open OE it highlights last message and it is then marked open. It also will not deliver any forwards that I should get. All I get is the address of the sender. I have changed identities, and changed how often OE should check new mail. Nothing helps. Am at my wits end. If anyone out there can help, I would be forever grateful.............Lena.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, December 09, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

I'm back. Have solved the problem of Outlook Express highlighting (opening) the last message received. I clicked "View" and then "sort by" and then clicked in "ascending". It was on "descending". It solved my problem. Now if only I could figure out how to get the forwards peaple send to me. I get most of the ones sent here in Canada. None from the States.
I would be extremely happy for any ideas.
Lena.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page