Alphabetize address book in Outlook Express

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Outlook Express Automatic Addressing: Alphabetize address book in Outlook Express
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 03, 2001 - 07:58 pm:

Does anyone know how to make Outlook Express Address Book alphabetize itself? Mine and most of my friends address book is in order, but my friend's who has WIN98SE is not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 04:05 pm:

Anon,

Don't think I have been ignoring you... but any email/mail program related questions I am usually not on the top of my game with... meaning I usually don't have an answer. I don't use Outlook Express, but I will check at work today and see if I can figure out a way to A-Z the contacts.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 08:06 pm:

Anon:

I think I got it. Open the address book in outlook express. Ok....here is where it happens. Right above the white box where the list of contacts appears, there is a gray bar with labels for the columns. Like "name" for name, email address, phone, so on. The NAME part should have an arrow that points Upward. This tells the address book to sort by name from a-z.

Here is how to make it do that: Click once on the Name column. It should now have an arrow. If it is pointing Up, you are done...names should be A-Z. If it is pointing down, just click the name column one more time to get it from Z-A to A-Z.

That's it!

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, May 04, 2001 - 09:48 pm:

Josh and Anon,

Another way if you have OE5, is to open the address book, click on view/sort by/name/first or last/ascending or descending. Works on my pc w/98SE-IE5.5/sp1.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 07:01 pm:

Hey that works! Thanks so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By enymxw9@gmail.com on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 12:35 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page