Multiple E-mails

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Multiple E-mails
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 09:17 am:

Could anyone help me with the following please?

I would like to be able to send the same e-mail to more than one person, but I only want the recipient to see his or her name rather than be able to see that I've sent the same letter to a few people. Is it possible to do this in Outlook Express?

Your comments would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, September 07, 2001 - 01:41 pm:

Anon,
Yes you can. Click on tools in the "New Message" window, then on "select recipients", a window will open where you can choose who you want it to go to. Select one from the list on the left side and move it to the right side into whichever box you want by using the arrows in the middle. If you want the address to show on the message, put the name into the "To" box, if you want multiple addresses and don't want them to see who all you sent it to, put them in the "Bcc" box (Blind Copy). Here is what I did, I went to "address book", "new contact" and entered a new address with the name of "NOYB" (none of your business) and used my own address for NOYB. Now when I send a letter to multiple addresses and don't want anyone to know who I sent it to, I put NOYB in the "To" box and everyone else in the "Bcc" box, works like a charm. If someone questions who "NOYB" is, either explain it to them or just let them wonder. :o)

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page