I LOST OUTLOOK EXPRESS!

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: I LOST OUTLOOK EXPRESS!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brian Wiseman Sr. on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 06:19 pm:

I just went though that about a half hour ago. I Just call my ISP and talked to the Teck and told them what was wrong and now I up and running

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 08:10 am:

Don't panic - it can be fixed. How are you trying to open Outlook? Using the shortcut? If so, navigate to the file, probably at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\outlook.exe. Double click on it and see if that works. Re-post if it doesn't. It might be something as simple as a corrupted short cut.

HTW

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Daniel Williams on Sunday, October 22, 2000 - 02:53 am:

If you have webmail also, check that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sue on Saturday, October 21, 2000 - 07:53 pm:

I need HELP! I don't know what to do and Outlook won't work! I need my email.

Ok, this is what I did. I opened Outlook and I was receiving mail. I had 489 messages in my mail box (From an ad I posted). I received a message saying I had overloaded my mail box. Then, my system froze.

I rebooted. Now I can't into outlook at all! When I try to open it, nothing happens. All the files are on the system. I did find out that a file called ELNhelp.exe is missing. I did a backup on my zip drive, but even that doesn't work.

I was going to update the files to Outlook Express on the Microsoft web site, but will I lose all my SAVED emails?

Please tell me what to do!

Thanks

Sue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, November 22, 2001 - 02:25 am:

I keep getting messages that my Outlook Express box is full (1000) messages.
I have deleted folders,sent items,inbox,outbox, but still can't receive mail?
My username was roytexcel..I was subscribed to Excelonline as my ISP.
I canceled Excelonline and went with AOL...still no email..Now I am with SurfBest IsP but still can't receive email.
How can I change my username and fix this problem?
roytexcel@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Becky Beasley on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 06:29 am:

I have a similar problem with outlook. I tried redownloading it and everything came back, but when I tried to use yahoo instead of hotmail I could'nt figure out what to put down for the pop address. My isp is sbcyahoo. I tried using http instead of pop and doing it with http://mail.sbcyahoo.com, http://mail.sbcglobal.net and everthing else I could think of but nothing would work. EeeeeK! I'm pulling my hair out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By chaz on Monday, February 03, 2003 - 07:17 pm:

Becky,
Try this and see if this helps.
Open Outlook..
then go to tools/accounts..then click the mail tab...then properties.
go to the advanced tab and down at the bottom make sure that the "leave copy of message on server" (in the "Delivery" box) is UNCHECKED.
This worked for me. (Outlook kept telling me I had reached my quota)
I also had to go to my home page and click on web mail...and cleared my messages from there.
Hope this works for you.
good luck,
c.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page