Putting a clickable Web link into email

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Putting a clickable Web link into email
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
HTML Email, Running  3   10/15 04:51am
Preview mail before downloading.  1   12/26 06:51am
Preview mail before downloading.  1   12/26 06:54am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Graefe on Monday, October 23, 2000 - 07:17 am:

Hi People. Learned a trick today. This is an AOL thing and I have win95 and Pentium. Don't know if this works for others. If you want to put a link into your email without typing it, go to the site you want to link to. Look for the red heart at top, right. If the heart is not there, it is probably because your screen is maximized. You need to click the two medium squares at top, right to shrink the screen to medium. The heart should be there. Bring up a blank Write page. Now, put the pointer on the heart, push and hold down the left button and drag the heart to the blank letter. Release the button and the link will be there......In order to type your letter, move the Write cursor to the left end of the link and type. When you get to where you want the link to be, move the Write cursor to the right end of the link and type the rest of your letter. Good Luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 01:27 am:

There's another even more immediate way

Even before you prepare to send a new
email, when you get to a page whose link
you want to send, just click on the
heart-shaped Favorites icon in the upper
right corner (but this time let go after you
click). A box will appear, with several
options, including "Insert in Mail." When
you click that, a blank, ready-to-send
email opens up, with the subject line
filled in and the link inserted for you. All
you have to do is address it, and add any
gratuitous text you like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By ORLANDO MATA I I I on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 09:05 pm:

Another good tip for adding links to email is to either put "http://" in front of it or "mailto:" in front of your email address for an email link. For example," http://www.businessconfidence.com "will show up as clickable link on most email programs and " mailto:orlando@businessconfidence.com " will show up as a clickable link in the email also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 05:02 am:

Does this work also for webtv? I am getting complaints about my links not being clickable.
I copy paste mine with the http:// with it. I still get complaints. I know with AOL you have to put the link in the body of the mail. So I tried that. I havent heard yet if it worked or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Don McElyea on Sunday, August 04, 2002 - 01:33 am:

When I want to email a person or company, most of the time I will get a pop up window that says,"no mail program setup for internet shortcuts". How can I set up a mail program for internet shortcuts?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page