Email Attachment Problems

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Opening e-mail attachments: Email Attachment Problems
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Cannot open .eml attachments  3   06/19 06:44pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Candis B on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:29 pm:

I am using Outlook Express in W98 and am having trouble with my attachments.

Specifically attachments with an *.eml extension.

Usually I would only have to click once on the paperclip icon, highlight the attachment file and click once and it would open up.

Something happened the other day and I dont know what but now when I click on the file nothing happens. The file does not open.

Does anyone know what is going on?

I have tried saving the file then "Open with" and associate it with msimn. This does not work either.

Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carmen on Tuesday, December 30, 2003 - 01:54 am:

When I tried to open photos sent as email attachments I got this message: There was an error opening this document. File does not begin with '%PDF-' (It is Adobe acrobat that is trying to open it). The file extention on the photo attachments were .ZIP and .zip I got the same message when I tried to open photos I had downloaded from Samsclub.com Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:37 pm:

Those zip files need to be opened with an "unzip" program before you can read them. The newbieclub has one - take a look on the main site http://newbieclub.com

You may already have an unzip program - WinZip is the most common. If you have, you need to tell Windows to use that unzip program for any files that end in "zip". Right click a zip file, and choose "open with". Then scroll to your unzip program, make sure you click on the little box at the bottom that says "open all these files with" and click OK. Then Windows should open your zip files with your unzip program instead of Acrobat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Carmen on Saturday, January 03, 2004 - 12:38 am:

Thank YOU dreuby!!!! I downloaded the upzip wizard and all is well, I'm smilin'

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page