HTML Email, Running

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: Putting a clickable Web link into email: HTML Email, Running
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard Graefe on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 09:14 pm:

Hi All. Sometimes I receive email in the form of an HTML document and all the emails I have saved are in the same form.

What do I do to "Run" these so I can read them?

Thank You, Richard Graefe zse45@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 03:56 pm:

Hi
I'm not sure if this has already been answered - but if not ...

When people send html e-mail, many e-mail programs will read it. Do you use AOL e-mail? It may just need the options "tweaking" so it can read html e-mail.

You could try viewing them in your browser - Internet Explorer or Netscape. Just double-click the file, and it should load your browser. You may have to select "off-line" - in IE, do this in the FILE menu, and in Navigator make sure that the little electric plug symbol at the bottom left shows as "unplugged" - if not, click on it.

I'm not sure how aol handles this - Tom seems to be familiar with this, though - perhaps he or another aol user can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Karen on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 12:51 am:

Hi: I have been using AOL(unfortunately) and have been receiving important email "ezines" which I can't read or I receive the ezine in two formats - one readable and I guess the other in HTML. How do I set it so I can read these or do I have to reset for HTML each time? I hope I am making sense with this - I have my email set on text-I read that somewhere-was that a mistake too? Thank you very much for any input!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page