WhatI have to do to use Netscape as default in Outlook Express ?

TNC Discussion Board: Email eats my time: WhatI have to do to use Netscape as default in Outlook Express ?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Francesco on Thursday, May 09, 2002 - 06:54 pm:

Good morning, I am a new member. I wrote from
Italy. My question below:
WhatI have to do to use Netscape as default in Outlook Express ?

I have used for more then 10 years Netscape and
inspite of all i like it.
So, I will continue to use it also with Outlook Express.
Thanks for your reply
Francesco

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, May 12, 2002 - 06:06 pm:

Microsoft have this in their knowledge base:
==========
In Outlook Express, open the HTML formatted message.

On the File menu, click Save As .

In the File name box, type a descriptive name for the message.

In the Save as type box, verify that HTML (*.htm) is selected.

In the Save in box, choose a location in which you want to save the file, and then click Save .

Double-click the .htm file that you just saved.
==============
They say it is a known fault in IE5.5 - the other option is to uninstall 5.5 and go to an earlier version of IE. Hope this helps,

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, May 13, 2002 - 01:58 am:

Francesco,
I don't think you can use the Netscape browser as the default browser in Outlook Express because Outlook Express is part of the Internet Explorer browser. You can import messages from Netscape to Outlook Express by clicking on the "Help" in Outlook Express, type in net in the index, then click on Netscape comunicator, it will give you an option of "Import messages from other mail programs", click on that and a page will come up giving you the instructions.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page