How do I delete previous search memory?

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: How do I delete previous search memory?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Answer to question  2   03/13 10:01am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tim on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 01:42 am:

When you go to a search engine to find information, you enter your key words into the
search field and hit "enter" and you are given the
results of your search. My problem is that my computer holds the memory of all previous search words I have ever entered and will bring up all of these past keyword searches based of the first letter I type on my current search. So for example, if I were to search for information on cats, once I type the first letter ("C" in this case) the memory would bring up any search word I have ever done beginning with the letter "C". I want to know how to clear the memory of past keywords used in previous searches. There has to be a way to delete this memory. Is there a setting I can click that will never allow this memory to be stored? I don't want my wife to know about everything I search for on the Internet and with this memory popping up all of the time, she will! Help!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By texcritter on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 01:26 pm:

I use Avant Browser and there is an option in (Tools - Clear records) to clear all or individual browsing records. Hope this helps...Tex

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page