Silly problem, but i can't fix it...

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Internet Explorer Headaches: Internet Explorer Headaches: Silly problem, but i can't fix it...
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hannah on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 01:48 pm:

i have kind of an odd problem with my computer, which no-one seems to be able to do anything about, so if anyone has any ideas at all, please tell me. it's probably something simple, and i'm just being stupid, but here's the problem:
if i click a link on a website it won't open. the new window comes up, but it's kind of clear -i can see the page underneath, and it just won't come up. i also can't download anything, and i'm not sure if it's related or not. i never used to have a problem with either links or downloading, but now i can't seem to do it. initially i thought it might have to do with some ZoneAlarm thing my dad stuck on my computer, but it makes no difference if i disable it... i have absolutely no idea what to do about any of it, and it's driving me slowly insane!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:47 pm:

It may be lack of memory, or lack of memory on the graphics card - do you know how much memory your PC has? Do you try and open lots of windows and forget to close them (like me!)?

Do you get an error msg when you try to download?

Dianne R

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hannah on Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 11:00 pm:

i've just returned from holiday, hence the late response...
my pc has loads of memory at the moment, more than i can use. it never works, regardless of how many windows i have open - i can't even open links from email in outlook express anymore...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page