How to lose my url history?

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: How to lose my url history?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Craig Stuckey on Tuesday, August 05, 2003 - 06:36 pm:

The instructions I've been given, to erase my url history are:

Explorer automatically saves a list of all the URL's (Web Pages) you have been to recently.
Explorer will automatically save your history information for 20 days. If you wish to change this ...

Click on 'Tools'

Click on 'General'

Click up or down in the 'Days To Keep Pages In History' box.
You can also clear all the URLs in your History Folder using the 'Clear History' button.

HOWEVER:
Well, there is no "general" option in my tools bar. My options are: synchronize, mail & news, windows update, yahoo login, show related links, and internet options.

Which of these do I chose, to get rid of my url history?

Many thanks in advance, for your help.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bob on Monday, September 01, 2003 - 12:08 am:

Hi Craig...just ran across your question. Under "Tools" in IE click on internet options..go to the "general" tab and down near the bottom is history. Click on clear history and change your day to keep to however many days you want. Hope this helps.
Bob

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page