Unwanter Banner -Internet explorer

TNC Discussion Board: Browser business: Unwanter Banner -Internet explorer
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By hjjr on Thursday, November 20, 2003 - 04:40 am:

Any ideas on how to get rid of a banner that appeared on my internet explorer Page, about a week ago. My ad poper does notrecomizeit and I can find no way to get rid of it. If I left click on the banner nothing happends; if I right click I am asked if I wan to delete my web search. The banner reads "MIRAR-CUTTING EDGE FEATURES COMING SOON."
Also it takes up about 3/4" of my screen.
I have no idea where it came from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, November 26, 2003 - 02:32 pm:

You could try the spyware checkers, such as Ad-aware from http://www.lavasoft.com

That will tell you if anythings been installed on your PC that you need to get rid of.

Also, make sure your antivirus is up to date, and run a scan of your hard drive to see if it finds anything.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page